What is a Source?
A source is a connection to a particular social media page, for example:
- A Facebook page
- A YouTube channel
- An Instagram account
What is a Feed?
A feed is a group of one or more Sources that's showing on your website.
If you've got a website with your Facebook and Instagram posts making up a "Latest News" page and your YouTube videos on a separate "Video Hub" page, then you'd set up 3 Sources and 2 Feeds.
Why are they separate?
If all you want to do is show your Facebook posts in a little widget in your website then all you'll need is 1 Source and 1 Feed. Simple.
But you might need go a bit more complicated than that and set up multiple Feeds with different combinations of Sources:
For example, if you're a large organisation with separate Facebook pages for each geographic region and you're building a website with pages for each region too, then you could set up a Source and Feed for each Facebook page plus a "master" Feed that brings all your Facebook pages together to put on your home page!
Setting up some Sources in a Feed
- Navigate to your Client and hit the New Source button
- Depending on which social media platform you're pulling from, see:
- Now that your Source is set up, navigate back to your Client and hit the New Feed button
- Give it a name, tick the Sources it should pull from, then hit the Save button
- Done! Click the View link to see the posts, or the Edit link to see the embed codes!